Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jackie's Round Robin

This quilt is spectacular!!! Jackie is my sister and i have had her quilt since May(to quilt). I keep putting it off because i got busy and (the main reason) i was afraid of it. Any machine quilter will tell you that borders are challenging. A round robin is nothing but borders. Jackie decides on a theme and does the center block. She then passes it around to her friends, who are in this exchange, and they add borders and borders and borders to make it into a quilt. They all did a fabulous job. (those cowboy hats and boots were pieced and are not just printed on the fabric)

She is thinking of giving this quilt away . There is a fussy cut picture of a cowboy on one of the borders that reminded me of our brother Gaylen, who passed away at a very young age in 1999. Underneath the print I quilted Gaylen's name . I bet she will not give this one away now .

Happy Birthday Jackie, It's quilted,.......finally

2 comments:

mildred said...

sherri the brown fussy cut border is mine it has been so long since i have seen it it turnered out so nice great work

Shari said...

Hey Millie, The cowboy on the left side( going vertically) 2nd from the top is the one that reminds me of my brother Gaylen. I love your border with those adorable fussy cut images. The cowgirl on the horse in the middle reminds me of Jackie