Friday, February 19, 2010

Favorite Quilt Book

Quilt Walk Festival... Panguitch, Utah

The quilts contained in this book are genius. The stories behind these quilts are brilliant. They are especially close to me because i am a child of the '60's. . I was just beginning my teen years when civil rights issue's began to explode. I was very impressionable. I am a huge fan of Rosa Parks, who refused to sit at the back of the bus.

2 comments:

mildred said...

girl have you seen the quilts in person the are to die for me and a friend went to denver when they where at the museun i was so glad we went and now in the keepsake cataloge there is kits to make gees bend quilts so cool

Shari said...

Hey Millie, i am so glad you saw that in Keepsake Quilting. I want to do one so badly. No, I have not seen any of the shows on that tour (of those quilts). I seriously , seriously need to. Lucky you..... The quilts make my heart beat fast, i might have a heart attack if i saw them in person. Lucky , lucky you. Do you know where they are now? I know the tour first started in New York City