Friday, April 16, 2010

Art Night Fundraiser


Tonight is my daughters, Shari's granddaughter's, art night fundraiser.
It helps raise funds to pay for art in their elementary school.

This is the class project my oldest daughter, Miss Sparkle's class painted.

It is a repoduction of a famous piece of art by Wassily Kandinsky.

It's called Kandinsky Jr.

I'm proud to say I was able to volunteer and help Miss Sparkle's class create Jr..

No adult touched this painting with a paint brush, it was all done by 4th graders.


Miss Sparkle and her partners' square is the bottom left corner.
Yup! It's my favorite.

It will be sold in a silent auction tonight.

I want it!

My mom wants it!

Isn't it amazing?!?
*****
i (shari) am so sad, someone wanted this art piece more than i did.
he/she was prepared to get it "no matter the cost"
WHAAAAAA :-(

2 comments:

Shari said...

Wow i really love this piece. i will be bidding for it. BTW wouldn't this work, turn into a great quilt?...YES

kim west said...

so cute! and I love the quilts! soo sooo cute!