This holiday season i have enjoyed some fun moments with my grandchildren. I just love some of the wonderful things kids say.
I call this story "Laughing All The Way"
Last Saturday i picked up my two oldest granddaughters so we could do something for the Salvation Army/ Angel Tree.This particular season i got too busy to do it the right way , so at the very last moment we dropped off a monetary donation (modest donation) at headquarters.
On the way home i had to stop off at Toy's R Us . Things had gone well @the Angel Tree. On the drive we discussed how easy it is to become homeless and that many homeless people are "working poor". I tried to keep it on a positive note( the 9 year old is so sensitive to sad stories) and they seemed to understand without feeling gloomy. I also tried not to be patronizing (hopefully never)
Silly me, I thought they could handle a stop at the toy store. I was not intending to buy anything for them (and i didn't ). The 6 year old wanted Pokemon cards and i was not buying. She begged and pleaded and lost her temper and said "I wish you didn't give all your money to the "stupid" Angel Tree .............. Laughing all the way( ho ho ho)
I call this story "True Friendship"
Days later the same 6 year old whispered to me that her friend saw Santa's "naughty and nice list". This little friend told Livvy "your name is on the good list"... Wow, what a great thing to tell your friend. I could learn a great lesson from that short story.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, I SAW YOUR NAME ON THE GOOD LIST


1 comment:
So cute... but you always pick the pictures where you can't see Morgan's face...
Post a Comment